An IT (Information Technology) hourly invoice is a bill issued by freelance or contracted IT professionals for the rendering of services related to computers, hardware, software, networks, or databases. Those that work on a contracted hourly basis in the field of IT often work for start-ups or for companies that only need services for a certain project or on a one-time basis. Having said, the prices set by IT technicians should be done so strategically in order to stay competitive in the field while leaving enough room for a living wage.
Table of Contents
IT is a rather broad field that encompasses services related to the exchange of information through the use of computer systems. They are hired as both full-time employees and as contractual workers depending on the need of their employer. IT workers can hail from a number of formal educations and can hold a range of certifications used to demonstrate their expertise in varying disciplines. As for their common responsibilities, IT technicians can expect to complete one or all of the following:
- Troubleshooting computer issues
- Installing and updating computer programs and operating systems
- Both repairing and installing hardware
- Conducting one-time and routine tests to ensure the security of a computer system
- Maintaining a backup of all employee and company data
IT professionals looking for a means of signifying their qualifications in compared to their peers should look to obtaining certifications in as many application areas as possible. While not all certifications hold the same weight in an employer’s eyes, acquiring them can only serve as a positive contribution to a technician’s resume. The following are a few certifications that are popular in the field today:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Professional Cloud Architect
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
According to ZipRecruiter, the average salary earned by freelance (and contracted) IT consultants is $81,190/yr. Lows of $22,500/yr and highs of $165,500/yr were also reported.