A carpet installation invoice is given to a homeowner or property owner as a request for payment after the completion of carpet installation.
Table of Contents
- Carpet Installation
- Average Cost to Install Carpet
- Carpet Installation Near Me
- Carpet Installer Salary and Hourly Pay ($/hr)
A carpet is a type of fiber used for comfort, design elements, and as a semi-permanent flooring cover in residential and commercial buildings. Carpets come in various textures, styles, and colors, and depending on the type of fabric and the square footage of carpet needed, installation can be inexpensive or very costly. A floor typically requires carpeting when the sub-floor is not suitable for habitable conditions, such as a cement floor. Most carpets must be replaced after 5-10 years of service. Existing carpets need re-installation when the edges start to unravel or if water damage (mold) occurs.
Carpets are not only used for comfort and style, but they are also a choice selection for homes with children and pets. Because children and pets can cause unexpected messes (liquid spills, food droppings), high stain-resistant carpets (such as nylon) are highly recommended.
Most carpets are offered in the following fabric types:
- Nylon (good for pets and young children)
- Wool (great for properties located in cold weather but harmful to those prone to allergies)
The cost of a carpet install is calculated on a per square foot basis. The average cost per square foot is anywhere from .99 cents to $4.00 dollars, depending on the fabric and the amount needed. Always get a measurement and a quote before agreeing to a price. The larger the project, the cheaper the cost, as a discount is typically issued with large quantities. Besides the price of the carpet itself, labor is another element that will influence the price of carpet installation.
The two largest carpet installation providers are as follows:
- Home Depot Carpet Installation – Offer local and licensed contractors that will measure your home and give a quote prior to installation. Once the carpet is picked out, Home Depot will complete the installation.
- Lowes Carpet Installation – In most cases, free installation is offered when purchasing a carpet through Lowes. Lowes offers the complete package by performing an in-home measurement, giving expert advice when selecting a carpet, and finally, performing the installation.
If neither a Home Depot or Lowes is in your area, use Google Maps to search for a carpet installation provider near you.