A hotel maintenance work order is used to schedule routine repairs or problems that may arise out of a complaint from a guest staying at a hotel.
Hotel Maintenance Work Order Details
A hotel manager is typically responsible for responding to complaints and fixing hotel failures of all types. A work order allows the hotel manager to create a request form including a detailed report of the problem/complaint which can then be delivered to the appropriate department. A hotel maid can use a work order to inspect an issue, however a maid’s checklist should be used when replacing common items such as soap, towels and toilet paper.
A hotel maintenance work order will ask for the following information:
- Date and time of reported problem
- Room number
- Name of guest reporting the problem
- Detailed description of the problem
- Inspected by / Assigned to (including their signature)
- Date and time completed
Common Hotel Maintenance Problems
Due to natural wear and tear by hotel guests, maintenance issues are a common theme and happen on a regular basis, especially when it relates to anything sanitary or electrical. Use a hotel maintenance work order when a problem related to any of the following:
- HVAC Systems / Air Conditioning Units
- Sanitary issues (such as plugged shower and toilet drains)
- Non-replaceable room items
- Electrical systems