Social Media Marketing Invoice Template
A social media marketing invoice is a billing document used for the pre- or post-collection of payment from an individual or business for providing social media marketing services. Freelance social media marketers and agencies can charge hourly for their services, as a single project cost, a monthly fee, or a retainer.Make a Free Invoice Now
- How to Create a Social Media Marketing Invoice That Gets You Paid
- What is Social Media Marketing?
- What Is the Target Audience for Social Media Marketing?
- Metrics for Success of Social Media Marketing
- Benefits of Social Media Marketing
- How to Become a Social Media Marketing Consultant
- What to Include in a Social Media Marketing Invoice
- Social Media Marketing Statistics
How to Create a Social Media Marketing Invoice That Gets You Paid
A social media marketing invoice itemizes the services provided and the corresponding charges for social media marketing services. In addition to listing the costs of the work performed, the invoice lists the due date of the payment and contact details for both the social media marketing consultant and the client.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is an area of internet marketing that focuses on sharing text and image posts on social platforms to reach out to a broad or focused demographic of people to increase a business’s presence (and ultimately sales or leads) online. A social media marketer is an expert in getting people talking about their posts, which they achieve through in-depth research and planning. They identify and engage with influencers, or people whose posts on social media are widely seen and shared. The expected return on investment for social media marketing can vary greatly depending on the industry, product, service, or company. For some businesses, social media marketing may result in an immediate and significant increase in sales and revenue. For others, it may take months or even years to see a return on investment.
Types of Social Media Platforms
For some companies, offering a select few services on one or two platforms may be the best option; for others, offering a wide breadth of marketing options can allow them to acquire a full, diverse set of clientele. Regardless of the exact marketing strategy offered, understanding the different kinds of social media platforms is essential for freelance and agency marketers. According to Biteable, the services most common types of social media are the following:
- Social Networking Sites – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Social Review Sites – TripAdvisor, Yelp, Angie’s List
- Image Sharing Sites – Snapchat, Instagram, Imgur, Pinterest
- Video Hosting Sites – YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, Periscope
- Curation/Content Aggregation Sites – StumbleUpon, digg, Pocket, Flipboard, TheOldReader, Feedly, Instapaper
- Community Blogs – Tumblr, Medium
- Discussion Sites – Reddit, Quora, NewsBlur
- Sharing Economy Networks – AirBnB, Rover
What Is the Target Audience for Social Media Marketing?
The target audience for social media marketing can be difficult to pin down, as there are so many platforms and each one has a different user base. However, in general, social media marketing is most effective when targeting young adults and millennials. This is because these groups are the most active users of social media, and they are also the most likely to engage with brands and follow influencers.
Note: The American Marketing Association has reported that the best, most effective time to post on social media is early morning on a weekday. The worst day to post is Saturday.
Metrics for Success of Social Media Marketing
There are a number of metrics that can be used to measure the success of social media marketing campaigns. Some of the most common metrics include:
- Number of likes, shares, and comments on posts
- Number of followers and fans
- Number of mentions
- Number of leads and sales
- Website traffic
- Engagement rate
- Cost per lead
- Conversion rate
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
The benefits of social media marketing are many and varied, but can be broadly grouped into four key areas: 1. Increasing brand awareness and reach 2. Generating leads and sales 3. Improving customer satisfaction and loyalty 4. Building and maintaining a strong reputation
Note: Research by the AMA shows that 71% of consumers trust content from people they know or see on social media, whereas 36% of consumers trust content from brands.
How to Become a Social Media Marketing Consultant
Many social media marketers work as freelancers for an hourly rate. The most important requirement for becoming a social media marketing is familiarity with a variety of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tiktok, LinkedIn, and others, depending on a client’s target audience. Social media marketers should focus first and foremost on building their own social media pages and presence. There are also social media marketing professional certificates to consider, such as:
- Meta Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate – This is a fully online course that requires no previous experience and takes approximately seven (7) months to complete.
- Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Certificate – This is also fully online and takes approximately six (6) months to complete.
These will build credibility and authority as a social media marketing consultant or professional. Entry-level jobs and internships can help to build expertise and experience. For those interested in finding freelance gigs, work can be sought and found on freelance websites such as Fiverr or Upwork.
Social Media Marketer Salary & Hourly Rate ($/hr)
- Salary: $57,199/yr (source: glassdoor)
- Hourly rate: $52/hr (source: Salary.com)
What to Include in a Social Media Marketing Invoice
The invoice should include the name and contact information of the business, as well as the name and contact information of the customer. The invoice should also include a description of the services provided, the dates the services were provided, and the total amount due. Payment terms should be clearly stated on the invoice, and the invoice should be dated and signed by both the business and the customer. Social media marketing invoices can be sent electronically or by mail. There are many places where you can find a social media marketing invoice template. One option is to do a search on Google. Another option is to check out websites that offer templates for businesses, such as Invoice Maker or FreshBooks. If you are sending the invoice electronically, you can use a service like PayPal or Stripe to process payments.
Social Media Marketing Statistics
- Nearly 80% of marketers use at least one social network to promote brands.
- The influencer marketing industry is set to grow to $16.4 billion in 2022, up from $13.8 billion in 2021.
- Influencer CPA (cost per acquisition) is 30% cheaper than traditional media.