Create a high quality invoice now!Make an Invoice Now
A freelance consultant invoice is a form detailing freelance services that have been completed and are ready for payment. This invoice can be sent digitally or it can be mailed to the client for completion which should include the company name, description, amount, date and invoice number.
Table of Contents
- What is a Freelance Consultant?
- How to Find Freelance Consultants?
- Freelance Consultant Salary & Hourly Rate ($/hr)
A freelance consultant is a person who has expertise in a particular field or profession, otherwise known simply as a “freelancer”. Freelance consultants mostly work on a per-job or on an hourly basis. Freelance consulting has boomed within the last few years due to the available jobs offered via the internet. Almost anyone who has any knowledge about computers, programming, writing, photo, and video editing, etc. can easily find work online as a freelance consultant in regards to their expertise. Consultants who would rather work from home independently rather than for a big corporate consulting firm is what typically results in a person becoming a freelance consultant.
There are many active communities online that support freelance consultants. Freelancers can post their services and make them available to anyone who needs part-time work. All freelancers have reviews for jobs they have completed in the past, which makes it very easy to filter the most qualifying people. Websites that cater to these communities make it possible to send and receive payments securely for billing. Do note that these websites charge a fee. When a job is completed, it’s important to obtain an invoice from the freelancer. Below are the top communities online to find a freelance consultant:
- Fiverr – Originally started out a marketplace where every service only cost $5 dollars. Now it’s one of the top freelance marketplaces for entrepreneurs needing help to build their business or to complete a project.
- Upwork – An online community for businesses and independent professionals to hire freelancers on all subject matters.
- Freelancer – Caters to freelancers who specialize in web development, graphic design, internet marketing, and mobile apps.