A freelance consultant invoice is a form detailing freelance services that have been completed and are ready for payment. Freelancers can send this invoice digitally, or they can mail it to the client for completion. It should include the company name, description, amount, date, and invoice number.
Table of Contents
- What is a Freelance Consultant?
- How to Find Freelance Consultants?
- Freelance Consultant Salary & Hourly Rate ($/hr)
A freelance consultant is a person who has expertise in a particular field or profession, otherwise known simply as a “freelancer”. Freelance consultants primarily work on a per-job or an hourly basis. Freelance consulting has boomed within the last few years due to the available jobs offered via the internet. Almost anyone who has any knowledge about computers, programming, writing, photography, video editing, etc., can easily find work online as a freelance consultant. Many consultants go freelance because they want professional independence from corporate consulting firms.
There are many active communities online that support freelance consultants. Freelancers can post their services and make them available to anyone who needs part-time work. All freelancers have reviews for jobs they have completed in the past, making it very easy to filter the most qualifying people. Websites that cater to these communities make it possible to send and receive payments securely for billing. Do note that these websites charge a fee. When a job is completed, it’s necessary to obtain an invoice from the freelancer. Below are the top communities online to find a freelance consultant:
- Fiverr – Originally started as a marketplace where every service only cost $5. Now it’s one of the top freelance marketplaces for entrepreneurs needing help to build their business or complete a project.
- Upwork – An online community for businesses and independent professionals to hire freelancers on all subject matters.
- Freelancer – Caters to freelancers specializing in web development, graphic design, internet marketing, and mobile apps.