Create a high quality invoice now!Make an Invoice Now
The window tinting invoice is a document used to bill a customer for the adding or removing of tint to a home or car window.
Table of Contents
Tinting windows, whether in a car or home, can increase privacy and reduce the amount of sunlight that shines through a window. However, not all window tint (film) are of the same quality. Purple window tint and tint that bubbles are a sign of cheap film which can occur after a year from install if it’s of poor quality.
Car Window Tinting
There are three types of film used for tinting car windows.
- Dyed Window Tint ($99) – Entry level basic tint for car windows. It will block the sun light and make it harder for people to see into a car.
- Metalized Window Tint ($200-$400) – Contains a metal container that is good for blocking heat. The downside is that it can block cellphone signals and interfere with electronics. Probably the least popular out of the 3 types.
- Ceramic Window Tint ($199) – Has all the great features of a metalized tint as it’s very good at blocking heat but without the interfering with electronics. It costs about $100 dollars more than the standard dyed window tint.
Home Window Tinting
Homes that are located in sunny areas are tinted to prevent harmful UV rays from penetrating the people occupying the property and also adds an extra layer of privacy. It can also help to keep down air conditioning costs by blocking out the sun light. Just like with cars, the type of film used to tint the window and the size of the window will have a direct effect on the cost.
- Average Cost per Square Foot – $3 – $10 dollars
- Average Cost Per Home – $300 – $1,000 dollars
Each state has their own laws and regulations when it comes to tinting windows in vehicles. The laws are based on the amount of visible light able to transmit through a car window, the colors of the tint, and the percentage of reflectivity.
- State Law Chart for All 50 States – Check to see this chart if you plan on installing window tints on your vehicle’s windows.
For vehicles, window tinting services can be found at your local auto repair shop, auto body, or dealership. Call before to see if they offer tinting services. Ask which type of film they use in the tint and get a quote.
Professional services that specialize in window tinting usually offer their services for both car windows and homes. To find the closest window tinting services in your area, search Window Tinting Near Me into Google or Google Maps.