IT Consultant Invoice Template
An information technology (IT) consultant invoice is documentation of a transaction issued by an individual hired to advise a company about its network and computing infrastructure. In recent times, businesses have been moving from their local networks to cloud-based setups. An IT consultant should, at a minimum, have five (5) years of experience in the industry and experience working with the newest forms of hardware and software.Make a Free Invoice Now
- What is an IT Consultant?
- IT Consultant Certifications
- IT Consultant Salary & Hourly Rate ($/hr)
- Where to List IT Consulting Services
- Is IT Consulting Remote?
What is an IT Consultant?
An IT consultant is a contractor hired to perform an audit of a business’s computer networks and systems and provides support in computing crises. The main goal of an IT consultant is to ensure all the employees and members of an organization have access while also ensuring the highest standards of cybersecurity. IT consultants aim to improve the performance and competitiveness of the companies they work for by making their technology and internet systems more robust and more efficient.
What Does an IT Consultant Do?
An IT consultant conducts an analysis of all aspects of a company’s network, including permissions, entry, encryption, and accessibility. Many companies restructuring their internal databases hire IT consultants to oversee the installation and implementation of cloud-based systems that offer better security and lower costs than more traditional forms of computer infrastructure. IT consultants also offer testing and training services.
Typical IT Consulting Services
- IT management in case of a computing crisis or or network shutdown
- IT strategy consulting to align IT products with business goals
- Digital transformation consulting
- IT assessment
- IT project management
- Application implementation
- Application modernization
- IT infrastructure management
IT Consultant Certifications
An IT consultant is commonly someone who has been self-taught or did not receive formal education. Therefore, IT consultants can vary widely in their backgrounds. Regardless of the consultant’s education, it is advisable for individuals desiring to work as IT consultants to receive certifications. Here are some of those possibilities.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Website: www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcse-certification.aspx
- Members: Unknown
- Requirements: No prior education. Need to pass seven (7) timed multiple-choice exams ($125 each).
- Dues: $875
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Associate & Professional
Certifications available: Developer (associate), Solution Architect (associate + professional), SysOps Admin (associate), and DevOps Engineer (professional)
- Website: aws.amazon.com/certification/
- Members: 30,000+ (as of September 17, 2016)
- Requirements: 130-minute exam for associate and 170 minutes for professional
- Dues: $150 for associate and $300 for professional
Institute of Management Consultants (IMCUSA)
- Website: www.imcusa.org
- Members: 10,000+
- Requirements: Varies by the type of certification
- Dues: $495 + $50 application fee
IT Consultant Salary & Hourly Rate ($/hr)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification – Salary
- Salary: $126,323/yr (source: Forbes)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Associate & Professional – Salary
- Salary: $140,456/yr (source: Forbes)
Where to List IT Consulting Services
- Upwork – Check out IT consultants by clicking “Hire Freelancers.”
- Fiverr – Sign up for a Fiverr account to browse IT consultants for hire.
- PeoplePerHour – Access IT consultants around the world through PeoplePerHour.
Is IT Consulting Remote?
The information technology industry is eagerly embracing remote work. In 2016, 57 percent of employees working in information technology spent some time working remotely, according to a report by Gallup.