Nurse Invoice Template
A nurse invoice is a document used by licensed nurses (known as RNs) and nursing assistants to collect payment when administering home or in-patient care. Caregivers and other medical professionals are also welcome to use this invoice when billing patients.Make a Free Invoice Now
What is a Nurse?
A nurse, otherwise known as a registered nurse (RN), is a state-licensed medical professional allowed to practice nursing. A nurse is someone who has completed the required educational program required by their state and passed their state’s license exam (from the state board). Besides education and licensing requirements, nurses are held to a standard of good behavior which can be hard to uphold when dealing with difficult patients. A nurse practitioner is not the same as a nurse. A nurse practitioner, or NP, has earned a master’s or a doctorate in nursing. An NP is qualified to administer care and diagnose certain medical issues for patients that normal nurses (RNs) are not qualified to handle.
Types of Nurses (by Popularity)
- Registered Nurse – The nurse type that requires the minimum amount of requirements and also employs the majority of nurses working in the field.
- Nurse Practitioner – A nurse with a master’s degree in nursing (MSM) or a doctor of nursing degree (DNP). A nurse practitioner is the highest of the qualified nurses in the nursing profession.
- Nurse Anesthetist – An advanced nurse who is licensed to administer anesthetics to patients, which is a drug that numbs the pain.
- Neonatal Nurse – A nurse that specializes in caring for infant babies from 0-2 years old.
- Pediatric nurse – A nurse that specializes in caring for young children.
- Travel Nurse – Any nurse that does not work in a permanent setting like a hospital. Nurses who work with sports teams or with high-profile politicians may qualify as a travel nurse.
To be a nurse, one needs to go to a qualified nursing program to start their journey. Afterward, they will need to become licensed to begin finding a job.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners – A great source of information whether you are a student or an already existing nurse when trying to find job placement.
- Local Hospital – Call your local hospital. Nursing is a profession where there is always a shortage of nurses.
How much do nurses make? Check out below to find out.
- Salary: $82,750
- Hourly Rate: $39.78