A painting contractor invoice is a statement requesting payment for a paint job. This invoice can be used for large commercial painting jobs and for smaller painting assignments. Attach this invoice when making a bid or after completing a job.
Table of Contents
- What are Painting Contractors?
- Painting Contractor’s License
- Painter Consultant Salary & Hourly Rate ($/hr)
A painting contractor is a company that can bid on available painting jobs in their local market by submitting an estimate. Every state is different but most painting contractors need to be licensed with their state and be insured. When hiring for commercial or residential painting, whether it be for exterior or interior painting, a painting contractor is what you’ll need in order to take on the job.
Almost every state has some type of requirement in order to legally work in the profession as a painting contractor. If you are a homeowner, you do not need a license to paint your own house if you aren’t paying anyone else to help you. Each state has a threshold on the cost of a painting job; if the cost exceeds the state’s threshold, a painter must be registered with the state or have a painting contractor’s license to take the job.
Getting a painting contractor’s license also varies by state. Here is what’s generally needed in order to qualify and start your painting business:
- Have at least one years worth of experience working under another painting contractor;
- Pass a written exam;
- Acquire insurance (which isn’t cheap). This serves two purposes as it protects the business and the property owner from liability if any injuries occur to the sub-contractors working on a painting job.
Hourly Rate: $18.72
(Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)