Delivery Service Invoice Template
A delivery service invoice is paid before or after goods are transported from one place to another. The invoice may be for many types of use, such as personal deliveries, documents, food delivery, or any other type of product being sent. In most cases, the delivery is paid by the client upon the goods being delivered.Make a Free Invoice Now
Types of Delivery
- Alcohol (e.g. liquor, wine, etc.)
- Documents (e.g. legal, business, etc.)
- Food (e.g. pizza, sandwiches, etc.)
- Office Supplies
Do You Tip All Types of Delivery?
In the United States, many salaried delivery drivers have tips factored into their salaries. While not a legal requirement on behalf of the client or customer to provide a tip, it is expected in many situations. Having said that, some situations do not necessitate providing a tip to the delivery person, as stated below:
- Recommended: Tipping the delivery driver is highly common with goods related to consumers, such as food, alcohol, and other single-use delivery items.
- Not Recommended: It is not common for business or corporate related deliveries to tip the driver.
Delivery Drivers Salary & Hourly Rate ($/hr)
The salary and hourly rate a delivery driver may earn mainly depends on 1) the types of goods they are delivering, 2) whether they are an independent contractor or salaried, and 3) whether tips have been factored into their wage or not. In the US, the following are the average salary and rates earned: